Check-list for your first class
You don't need to have any knowledge of yoga or pilates to take part in our classes, the teacher will explain every posture and exercise very clearly and you will be able to join in with most of them, even for your very first class.
These things will be useful to bring along:
- Comfortable clothing. We practice in a hot room so you WILL sweat. Synthetic, stretchy materials are generally more comfortable than cotton in this environment. Shorts or capri pants, a sports bra/top or tank top for women.
- Yoga mat. The best mats for hot yoga are the ones with a closed cell structure, which do not soak up sweat like a sponge. We provide mats for rent at the studio if you do not wish to bring your own. Yoga mat rental is £2, or £3 to rent mat and yoga towel together.
- Yoga towel. A long towel that covers your mat. Non-slip yoga towels can be rented at the studio. It's £2 to rent a yoga towel, or £3 to rent mat and yoga towel together.
- Shower towel. You can rent one at the studio if you don’t want to bring your own. Shower towels are £1 to rent.
- Water bottle. We do NOT sell water in disposable plastic bottles, as we do not want to add to the tons of plastic packaging going into landfill and polluting our oceans. You can fill your own bottle with cold, clean, filtered water from our bottle filling station, for free. If you’ve forgotten to bring a bottle you can borrow one from reception for free, but PLEASE give it back!